Y’all spring break is HERE!! Time to take a break, get away, and take some time to relax with the kiddos. What better than a beach trip? I’m here to share with you some of my faves so you’ll be confident (and not have to s Do something special with them to make this week a super fun time.
So here it is, the best of the best Wilmington, NC restaurants, and things to do as curated by me!
Top 11 Restaurants & Things to Do in Wilmington, NC
1. K Bueno /Tower 7/ K Bueno– This is really my fave ever mexican place, which really qualifies as tex mex. The roadside tacos & bbq chicken nachos are LEGIT. Also checkout the mexican street corn which is just delish. / http://www.liveeatsurf.com
2. Boombalattis – While you’re at K Bueno, make sure to make a stop into Boombalattis which has some of the most delish ice cream from grass-fed NC cows, and lots of vegan flavor options! Definitely try the cinnamon oatmeal caramel cookie, my fave (but sadly not gluten free, which means I can’t eat it anymore, so please enjoy it for me!!!) / http://www.boombalattis.com
3. Osteria Chiccetti– You must try the parma pizza which is a flatbread with prosciutto, topped with fresh arugula. So delish!!! / http://www.osteria-cicchetti.com
4. Indochine – Prob the best pad thai I’ve ever had, they also have a really cute outdoor seating area with separate huts. / http://www.indochinewilmington.com
5. Chops Deli – really great sandwiches with boars head meats, my favorite is the Jackson. / http://chopsdeli.com/
6. Drift Coffee & Kitchen– Such a great little coffee shop. They have super early hours so just make sure to get there before they close. And make sure to try the oat milk latte./ https://driftcoffee.kitchen
7. USS Battleship NC– This is a fun trip to explore a real actual battleship docked on the cape fear river. / http://www.battleshipnc.com
8. Downtown Wilmington, NC Riverwalk & Farmers Market – Really such a special place, with a great view and breeze, and the farmer’s market on Saturday and Sunday mornings is great along the riverwalk, make sure to check out the flower vendor. / https://www.wilmingtondowntown.com/explore
9. Airlie Gardens– beautiful paths and trails through flowers, a play area for the kiddos, picnic tables, and you can feed the fish! / http://airliegardens.org
10. The Aquarium– This is just a fun one for the kiddos, if you’re there at 10:30am & 2:30pm you can catch the show with the diver in the big tank with the sharks, Shelldon the turtle, and sting rays. / https://www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher
11. The Beach!I know this one is obvious, but I wanted to give you some insider info! Parking at Wrightsville Beach is $3 for an hour or $17 for the day so if you’re staying more than 5 hours – just pay for the whole day. Make sure to get there early for parking! If you park at access 4 (L shaped lot) there are showers, bathrooms, and changing rooms – basically a must if you’re on a day trip with kids. Carolina Beach is great too, and parking is free – and you’re also close to the aquarium, so if you’re into batching, try that one out!